Saturday, May 3, 2008

Last Long Run Sunday....

Tomorrow is my last pre-marathon long run--a twenty-miler. To try to avoid too much misery, I've mapped out a relatively level route this time:

http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=211174

Total elevation gain = 939 feet
Elevation change--ups plus downs = 1880 feet


The last time I ran 20 miles (closer to my house):

Total levation gain = 2580 feet
Elevation change = 5157 feet


On the other hand, the weather will be doing its best to promote a different kind of misery:

Sunday: Rain, mainly before 2pm. Patchy fog before 2pm. High near 53. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.


UPDATE: It's still not easy to run 20 miles (and I definitely won't be breaking any personal records with this marathon), but this run went much better than the last 20-miler. Almost no walking. Almost no "IT Band" pain.

No comments: