Friday, February 29, 2008

This Looks More Like a Descent....

The punishment for Mystic-Leg-Press Hubris, apparently, is back pain. Two days after impressing myself with my own leg strength at the gym, I tweaked my back badly enough (moving a bed) that I've only been able to work out twice in the last two weeks (my house has also been plagued by a nasty, lingering, flu-like virus, which we've all had to one degree or another).

All of these things are making me cranky.

It's not like I'm running out of time to train for the Rainier climb. But I'm also training for the Vermont City Marathon (my second marathon), which is at the end of May--about a month before the climb. And I'm kind of assuming that the marathon training will do a lot to get me ready for Rainier.

But this is Week 6 of an 18-week marathon training program, and I'm supposed to be building my weekly mileage from 24 miles to 44 miles.

So far, I'm going backwards. Planned mileage in parentheses.

Week 1 actual mileage: 12 (24)
Week 2 actual mileage: 22 (25)
Week 3 actual mileage: 11 (22)
Week 4 actual mileage: 10 (29)
Week 5 actual mileage: 9 (30)
Week 6 actual mileage: 0 (26)

It makes for a sad picture:

No comments: